Libera Bruxelles, member of the network “Libera. Associations, names and numbers against mafias”, is pleased to invite all citizens to the event:
“Take a Chance: the new Political Agenda against Organised Crime and Corruption”
The event will be held on April 3, 2019 in Brussels from 16.30 – 19.30
European Parliament, room A3G2.
The new Political Agenda of the new European network CHANCE for the next Parliamentary Term will be presented in this occasion.
Today, with the European Parliament approaching its 9th term, we believe it is necessary to dwell on the analysis of the current European social and cultural context. Above all, it is necessary to discuss proposals for new possible scenarios to build at a transnational level in terms of social security and justice. The current situation calls for increasing efforts in the fight against organized crime and corruption.
The most relevant topics of the new Political Agenda are the following:
- Re-elaboration of the definition of “organised crime”.
- Analysis on direct collaborations between civil society and European institutions.
- Proposals and actions taken on confiscated assets.
- Evaluation of the current and future strategies against human trafficking, corruption, money laundering, and drug trafficking.
- Support and protection of the organised crime’s victims and whistleblowing.
- Furthermore, the project Free Ideas, on the perception of the criminal phenomena and corruption in Europe, will be also launched.
Our CHANCE for a new POLITICAL AGENDA against ORGANISED CRIME AND CORRUPTION in EUROPE
3rd April 2019
Guest speaker LUIGI CIOTTI, President of LIBERA
The event is hosted by Elly Schlein